JEA-IEAWP Travel Award for the WCE2021
JEA-IEAWP Travel Award Announcement
World Congress of Epidemiology 2021
3-6 September 2021
We acknowledge the inconveniences imposed on everyone due to the COVID-19 crisis affecting populations worldwide, and appreciate your understanding on the changes made to the JEA-IEA Western Pacific (WP) Travel Award. In line with the virtual nature of the World Congress of Epidemiology 2021, we have made the following changes which allows us to cover a larger number of applicants.
- The award now covers registration fees for the conference and a pre-conference short course only.
- Those who have previously submitted an application will automatically be considered for this award and do not have to re-apply.
- If you have applied previously and would like to withdraw your application, please contact the JEA office: email@example.com.
Please see below for details.
The Japan Epidemiological Association (JEA) and the International Epidemiological Association (IEA) Western Pacific (WP) region invites applications for the JEA-IEAWP Award. This award is intended to defray the cost of participating in the World Congress of Epidemiology (WCE) 2021 meeting to support early career epidemiologists in the presentation of their high-quality research and their professional development.
The award comprises registration fee waiver for conference attendance and one pre-conference short course(https://wce2020.org/short-courses/). Up to 17 participants will be selected for this award.
- The awardee must be the first and presenting author of an abstract accepted for oral presentation (Long or Snapshot Presentation).
- The applicant must be an IEA member based in a country of the Western Pacific region as designated by the IEA (https://ieaweb.org/).
- The applicant must be within about 10 years of obtaining their most recent academic degree.
How to Apply:
Those who have submitted an abstract to the WCE 2021 will receive a notification after the deadline (May 21) requesting their expression of interest in applying for this award (JEA-IEAWP Award) and others. At that time, you will have the opportunity to indicate your wish to apply and provide information, as necessary.
*If you have previously submitted an application for this award in 2020, you will automatically be considered for this award for WCE2021 and do not have to re-apply. If your circumstance has changed and you would like to withdraw your application, please contact the JEA office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once eligibility of the applicant is confirmed, selection will be made based on WCE scoring of the abstract and review by an independent JEA selection committee who will judge its quality based on its merits as an epidemiological investigation that addresses an important and timely topic.
NOTE: JEA and IEA-WP reserves the right not to offer the maximum number of awards if the applications do not justifiably meet selection criteria.
Applicants will be notified by email of the award selection outcome at a timing coordinated with the WCE bursary announcements (late July or early August).
WCE2021 Website: https://wce2020.org/