JEA-IEAWP Travel Award for the WCE2020
JEA-IEAWP Travel Award Announcement
World Congress of Epidemiology 2020
13-16 September 2020, Melbourne, Australia
Due to the COVID-19 crisis affecting populations worldwide, the World Congress of Epidemiology 2020 (WCE2020) has been postponed. For details of the announcement, please refer to the WCE2020 website. Regarding the JEA-IEA Western Pacific (WP) Travel Award sponsored by the Japan Epidemiological Association (JEA), we will notify you of any changes in accordance with the updates provided by the IEA.
WCE2020 Website: https://wce2020.org/
The Japan Epidemiological Association (JEA) and the International Epidemiological Association (IEA) Western Pacific (WP) region invites applications for the JEA-IEAWP Travel Award. Participants from the Western Pacific region who have an accepted abstract for oral presentation at the World Congress of Epidemiology (WCE) 2020 are eligible for this award. This award is intended to defray the cost of attending the meeting to support early career epidemiologists in the presentation of their high-quality research and their professional development.
An award of 1,600 USD, plus a registration fee waiver, will be made to up to 5 participants which is intended to offset expenses related to WCE 2020 attendance and travel.
- The awardee must be the first and presenting author of an abstract accepted for oral presentation (Long or Snapshot Presentation).
*Applications may be submitted prior to official abstract result notification, and will be given full consideration if selected for oral presentation.
- The applicant must be an IEA member based in a country of the Western Pacific region as designated by the IEA.
- While there is no specific age criteria for eligibility, preference will be given to applicants who can be considered to be in their early stages of professional development within the epidemiology field.
- A completed JEA-IEAWP Travel Award Application Form.
- A copy of the submitted abstract, including full co-author list and affiliations.
- A PDF of the signed letter of recommendation (any format) from a current or former supervisor who is familiar with the applicant’s ability and potential. The letter should include the recommender’s full affiliation and contact information.
Applications will be assessed in consideration of the following criteria: 1) quality of the written abstract describing an epidemiological investigation that addresses an important and timely research topic, and 2) previous activities of the applicant and recommendation that demonstrate potential for excellence in future professional development.
NOTE: IEA-WP reserves the right not to offer an award in any given year if the applications do not justifiably meet selection criteria.
How to Apply:
Those who wish to apply may download the application form from the JEA website. Complete the application form, assemble the required documents listed above, and send a scanned PDF version of your application materials to the Japan Epidemiological Association office at: email@example.com
*The application period is November 1, 2019 to June 17, 2020.
Applicants will be notified by email of the outcome of the Travel Award selection around mid-July.