Travel Grants for the 34th JEA Annual Scientific Meeting in Shiga
About Travel Grants
The Japan Epidemiological Association (JEA) Annual Scientific Meeting is the main scientific conference of our society, attracting approximately 1,000 scientists and students in the epidemiology and related fields. The annual meeting takes place in January or February and is held in Japan.
The travel grants are available to support students/early-career researchers and non-Japanese JEA members living outside of Japan who wish to attend the meeting as an oral presenter.
The winners in 2024 will be honored at the reception on February 1.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria
• be non-Japanese member of the Japan Epidemiological Association (JEA)
To join JEA
(Student membership fee is waived for the first year of registration.)
• live outside of Japan
• not belong to organizations in Japan
• One of the following must apply (at the time of application): 1) be younger than 40 years old, 2) graduate student, or 3) less than 8 years after getting PhD degree
• have never received the JEA travel grant
• be registered for the annual meeting and fully paid before the meeting
• be the first author to present a paper orally at the JEA annual meeting
Period for Abstract Submission: August 1 (Thu) to August 31 (Thu) September 11 (Mon) , 2023 (Japan time) for the JEA 2024 annual meeting in Shiga.
The following should be submitted with your application:
• a copy of the confirmation email that was sent to you when you submitted your abstract for the meeting
• a copy of the confirmation email that was sent to you when you registered for the meeting
• a letter of recommendation from your supervisor
How to apply
Our 2024 Annual Meeting will take place in Shiga between January 31st and February 2nd, 2024.
Forms can be downloaded here: The JEA Travel Grant Application Form.
Please apply by e-mail (email@example.com) to the JEA Secretariat with the all required documents along with the application form.
The application deadline: September 5 20 (Wed), 2023 (Japan time).
Please note that the late applications will not be accepted.
Winners will be contacted individually during October, 2023.
A 100,000 Japanese Yen is awarded to each of up to 7 recipients.