Travel Grants for the 33rd JEA Annual Scientific Meeting in Hamamatsu
The Japan Epidemiological Association (JEA) Annual Scientific Meeting is the leading scientific conference in our society, attracting approximately 1,000 scientists and students in epidemiology and related fields. The 33rd Annual Scientific Meeting will occur in Hamamatsu (SHIZUOKA) between February 1 and 3, 2023.
We would like to support students/early-career researchers and JEA non-Japanese members outside Japan who wish to attend the meeting as oral presenters.
We will not subsidize travel expenses at this time, as awardee may not be possible to actually come to Japan in a pandemic.
The awardees will receive the following two benefits:
i) Waiver of first-year JEA membership fee and participation fee for this Annual Meeting
ii) Waiver of the publication fee in case the Journal of Epidemiology (the official scientific journal of JEA) accepts your paper. However, the submission must be made within six months after the presentation. (We emphasize all awardees submit their paper to JE)
Who can apply?
The applicant must
• be a non-Japanese member of the JEA*
• live outside of Japan
• NOT belong to organizations in Japan
• be younger than 40 years old
• have never received the travel grant from JEA
• be the first author to present a paper orally at the 33rd JEA annual meeting (Clinical studies are not a subject area for the support.)
* To join JEA, please contact with JEA office
(Student membership fee is waived for the first year of registration.)
- The application form can download here: The JEA Overseas Congress Grant Application Form.
- A copy of the confirmation e-mail that was sent to you when you submitted your abstract for the meeting
- A letter of recommendation from your supervisor who can recommend only one applicant.
Application documents must be submitted to the JEA office by e-mail. ( email@example.com)
Deadline for the application
September 30 (Fri), 2022 (Japan time)
Please note that late applications will not be accepted.
Selection results will be notified around November 2022.