The JEA Annual Scientific Meeting is the main scientific conference of our society, attracting approximately 700 scientists and students in the epidemiology and related fields.
The annual meeting takes place in January and is held in Japan.
The travel grants are available to support students and JEA non-Japanese members living outside of Japan who wish to attend the meeting as an oral or poster presenter.
A total of 100,000 Yen is awarded to each of the 7 recipients.
The application deadline: September 30, 2016 for the JEA 2017 annual meeting in Yamanashi.
Application Criteria:The applicant must be
• Non-Japanese member of the Japan Epidemiological Association (JEA)to join JEA
Student membership fee is waived for the first year of registration.
• registered for the meeting and fully paid before or at the meeting
• the first author to present a paper at the JEA annual meeting (Clinical study is not a subject area for the support.)
Required documents:The following should be submitted with your application:
• a copy of the confirmation email that was sent to you when you submitted your abstract for the meeting
• a copy of the confirmation email that was sent to you when you registered for the meeting
How to apply:Our 2017 Annual Meeting will take place in Kofu city (SEE map) between 25 and 27 in January 2017.
Forms can be downloaded here: The JEA Travel Grant Application Form.
The deadline is September 30, 2016.
Please note that the late applications will not be accepted.
Award Terms and Conditions:Awards must be claimed no later than 1 month after the meeting has taken place.
For your reference, below is the report from the travel grants recipients for the 26th JEA Annual Scientific Meeting.
Reports from the travel grants winners in 2016